Navigating the celestial
Random header image... Refresh for more!

The Enigma of Pisces

Pisces, by artist B.A.Vierling

Stop a moment and think about the Pisces people that you know. How would you describe them in three to five words? Can you do it? I would love to see your lists!

Pisces is not an easy sign to describe instantaneously. It’s a bit of an enigma quite frankly. Why is that? I’m going to do my best to try and explain. For starters the time of the year that we say is under the influence of Pisces falls generally between February 21st and March 20th. Here in the Northern Latitudes we are experiencing the shift from winter to spring with some days becoming mild and almost balmy, while other days are wild, stormy, and freezing. Such extremes can be unsettling. Dane Rudhyar says in his book The Pulse of Life, “Pisces is an era of storms and of wholesale disintegration.” This apt description implies the dilemma of the soul incarnated into this sign. The journey of the Piscean’s life must often be one of moving through periods when everything seems to be falling apart and nothing yet has come together into a new form. The future may beckon, but the past is still unraveling.

pisces glyphThe glyph often used for Pisces is the two fish tied together but swimming in opposite directions. Here is the symbol of involution and evolution. Does the Pisces soul descend into flesh or ascend into spirit? Perhaps the Christian ethos of ‘being in the world, but not of the world’ attempts to integrate this paradox. It certainly can be both a struggle and a quest for one actually living out this dualistic path.

So think, again, about those Pisces people in your life. Aha! They’re not quite so dreamy, mild, and wishy-washy as one would stereotype them to be. Pisces is a Water Sign, and the kind of water most associated with this sign is the Ocean. Start describing the ocean and you’re getting closer to describing Pisces. Words like vast, deep, powerful, ever-changing come to mind perhaps.

Where does the cliche of Pisces being wimps come from? The elusive quality of this Mutable Sign, Pisces can certainly give that impression when issues of confrontation are at hand. Many Pisces would prefer to evade head-on collisions and leave the head butting for their Aries kinfolk. They, also, often prefer to be in the background rather than center-stage like more fiery types. But never underestimate the power of a Pisces, for like the element of Water, Pisces can gather a formidable force of watery emotional strength, when necessary, and move through, over, or under any obstacle.

I remember well an early boyfriend who certainly reflected some of the dreamier qualities of Pisces. He loved to dance in candlelight trailing long chiffon scarves after him like Nijinsky in Afternoon of the Faun. One time, however, I got a glimpse of that deeper power and strength. My roommate’s boyfriend had been drinking and was getting abusive and violent with her. Mr. Pisces calmly and quietly walked over and pinned the man’s arms behind his back and started twisting. Without fanfare he told him to leave if he knew what was good for him. End of story.

The key here is how the Pisces individual harnesses the great collective force they are born with which can, at times, overwhelm them like a tidal wave and make them feel lost and afraid. Developing their opposite polarity, Virgo, through some specific skill or technique will help to stabilize and focus their emotional body into a form that can be used in service to others. It is then that they can truly shine and feel good about themselves.

Elizabeth TaylorI think of a famous Pisces type, Elizabeth Taylor. She was hot stuff when I was young and considered one of the most beautiful actresses to light up the silver screen. She certainly did characterize the oceanic in all the variety of roles she played as an actress, the endless personal dramas she got swept away with, and the countless times she struggled with her own tidal forces of loss, suffering, and amazing rebounds. However, it was when she fully harnessed her vast emotional body into the Virgoan task of championing AIDS that she gained the balance and sense of humanitarian service that she is now acknowledged for. Good for her. She did it.

Pisces are the great chameleons of the Zodiac. They often survive through the art of camouflage. Well, doesn’t Water do that? Bodies of water take on the qualities and characteristics of their surroundings, the climate zone, etc. A fjord in Norway is one kind of water. A blue lagoon in the South Pacific is another. Both are water, but what a difference in kind and quality.

The great mythological stories, which have evolved since ancient Babylonian times, have many versions of the myth of Aphrodite and her little boy, Eros, acting out the art of evasion and shape-shifting that Pisces is known for. One version of the story tells of a ghoulish monster, Typhon, who is destroying eveything in sight. Aphrodite, in her love for her child, binds him to her with a cord and then magically turns them into fishes so that they can escape below the surface of the water to elude this demonic force wrecking havoc amongst the gods on the surface of the earth. Of course, Zeus, one of the ancient rulers of Pisces, ends up both rescuing them from their watery deep darkness, and rewarding them, which is what he loves doing best, by sweeping them up into the starry sky as the constellation of Pisces.

Initially every young Pisces learns to survive by blending and adapting to their surroundings and circumstances. As they age, however, this can become a problem for they don’t really know who they are. A number of years ago Patty Hearst, the heiress, was captured by the SLA and later emerged in a photograph while robbing a bank. She’s the perfect example of how Pisces survive as chameleons. First she’s this pampered girl from the newspaper dynasty family, next she’s playing Bonnie and Clyde in full regalia with her abductors, and finally—yep—she marries her bodyguard and settles into yet another role.

Remember, Pisces is the very last sign and thus all of the other signs are contained within it. No wonder it gets confusing being a Pisces! So how does a Pisces ever figure out who they really are? I always encourage my Pisces clients to spend time either alone or out in nature. Either way they will gradually separate out subject from object and gain a deeper sense of themselves in the process. The practices of contemplation can help Pisces: stilling the mind, being quiet, listening to the small inner voice. These are ways to come to know themselves better. Once they connect with their core, they can then turn outwards again and help a lot of people.

Serve or suffer is yet another famous cliche for Pisces. I remember a dear happy Leo woman saying once, “Oh you Pisces just lo-o-ove to suffer!” Certainly there was a ring of truth to what she said. Yet suffering is common to us all. It seems to be part of life here on planet Earth. What Pisces do best is to address that suffering and serve those who do. I know so many Pisces involved in the Healing Arts. One woman is a fine Acupuncturist with the most up-lifting sunny attitude. She has a lot of Aries fire in her nature to bring inspiration and spunk to her bedside manner. I know another Pisces who is a Homeopath. He has the patience and technical knowledge to listen quietly and assess accurately the right remedy from the thousands possible. He has more Aquarian planets to meld with his Pisces Sun. I know another amazing healer who works with sound. Her business card says “a harmonic approach to well-being”, Acutonics’ Sound Therapy.

Nirvana NevermindA lot of Pisces are drawn to music and the performing arts. Here all the Dionysian qualities can often be expressed where mystical ecstasy and madness can be unleashed through sound, lights, and multi-media effects. Jon Bon Jovi and Kurt Cobain of Nirvana (what a Piscean name!) come to mind in the music world. In the world of dance both Nijinsky and Rudolph Nureyev expressed the fluidity and power of this sign. There are so many very fine actors and actresses who are Pisces: Glen Close, Holly Hunter, Bruce Willis, Billy Crystal, Glenda Jackson, Joanne Woodward, Drew Barrymore, Juliette Binoche, Queen Latifah, etc.

Michelangelo was a Pisces, but if you want to see a wonderful contemporary artist who totally conveys the nature of mysticism through his magical works, visit the site of Ernest Caballero. Ernest is a Pisces through and through. He epitomizes the Pisces who has found a Virgoan container, his sculptures, for his visionary connection with the unseen realms.

Cinderella, by artist Warwick GobleThere are many myths and stories connected with this sign, but I have especially always liked the fairytale Cinderella. It’s such a classic Piscean tale. The humble Cinderella serving day and night the harsh and greedy stepmother and her daughters. The enchanted visitation by her fairy godmother from the astral realm. The handsome, utterly romantic Prince of her dreams. The dancing until the stroke of midnight when the enchantment ends. The dropped glass slipper. The search for the right and true foot.

Shoes, feet, slippers are all under Pisces’ ruler ship. Last, but not least, the feet. They support the rest of us. They are under us. Pisces must learn to Understand. And, of course, this fairy tale ends with the happy ever after redemption theme that is such a part of the mythos of Pisces. Take a look at Ernest Caballero’s Risen Christ. There is the perfect image of Ascension and Redemption that Pisces yearns for even as the inevitable descent is taking place. There is a longing for absolute oneness and bliss in this enigmatic of all signs, Pisces.

I would like to close by bringing your attention to possibly the highest aspiration of Pisces, Kuan Yin. She is the female Goddess of Compassion known far and wide in the East as “The One Who Hears the Cries of the World.” The Lotus Sutra translated by Kumarajiva, possibly a Pakistani prisoner sold into slavery in China, somewhere between A.D. 397 and 415 introduced her and from there she evolved into the accepted role of the divine feminine by the 9th Century AD.

Kuan Yin epitomizes the qualities of Pisces, a Yin sign, as its best. Her compassion knows no boundaries and extends universal love to all, including animals and plants. Her appeal is that she extends her compassion and love to ordinary people. There are so many myths and stories abounding that tell of her great deeds of grace, but none are more fitting to our theme than her connection with the sea.

Tales are often told of her ability to calm the turbulence of typhoons as she descends from the heavens in her flowing white robes. Here is a quote described in one such tale from a beautifully written book about her, Kuan Yin, Myths and Prophiscies of the Chinese Goddess of Compassion by Martin Palmer and Jay Ramsay with Man-Ho Kwok, “… Closing her eyes, she raised her hands before the raging waters, which immediately ceased their turbulence. Turning to face the winds, she opened her eyes and the winds died down and the storm clouds dispersed” Then she disappeared.

Kuan YinPeace, Love, and Compassion: these are the highest qualities that Pisces aspires towards. To get to such a lofty goal they must often wallow through a lot of mud and storms along the way. That is why Kuan Yin is often depicted standing upon a full blown lotus flower. Perhaps there are really no words now to further attempt to define what can only be contemplated. I leave you, dear readers, with that beautiful image. Who or what is Pisces must perhaps ever remain a mystery, an enigma.

February 28, 2008  422 Comments
Categories: Astrology, Pisces | Tags: , ,

422 comments

1 Desire { 10.23.17 at 4:22 am }

Born 2 22 83 I am so lost please helo

2 Genevieve Vierling { 10.23.17 at 10:48 am }

Dear Desire, It is of utmost importance that you find a spiritual path that you believe in and work with it. Cut out ALL escape activities!!! That includes any endless watching of garbage movies, TV, iPhone trivia, etc. You do have a good chart for gaining discipline and accomplishing much in this life, but you must absolutely take yourself in hand and cut out people who distract, deceive, and mislead you as well. Some of what you are under will pass on soon. Take the high road please! You’ll be OK but illusion and deception are what you must avoid right now. You can do a lot of good in this life if you are willing to put in the work and discipline it requires. Much love to you!!

3 Zita { 10.23.17 at 5:31 am }

Hi Genevieve, thank you so much for your response. So much that you have said has hit home with me. I am currently doing a course which will allow me to teach abroad as it has always been my dream to travel. This really rings true. Thank you again for you quick and amazing response.

4 Genevieve Vierling { 10.23.17 at 10:25 am }

That’s wonderful Zita!! Isn’t it amazing how your birth chart really does show you the path you are meant to take. It is like a road map, but you still need to make your own choices. I wish you every success as I know you’ll make a WONDERFUL teacher.

5 Karina( 18-03-1999) { 10.25.17 at 11:31 am }

Hello, I am really lost in my life. Please help.

6 Genevieve Vierling { 10.26.17 at 10:15 am }

Dear Karina and ALL Pisces—-Neptune is moving through Pisces until the spring of 2025 and even then it will dip back in going retrograde from October 24, 2025 until January 27th, 2026. So it is tantamount that all Pisces souls, and that includes Pisces Rising and Pisces Moon, find a spiritual compass to give you a sense of direction. Your spiritual life is what matters. Period. Illumination comes from within, not from something outside yourself. So find a path that involves either meditation, service, or contemplation to involve yourself in. There is simply no way you’re going to get out of that lost feeling by relying on the material world we now live in which is a very dead place spiritually. We have lost contact with nature and the natural world. We have lost contact with our inner selves through all the addictions and distractions everywhere present. We have lost contact with our Core Selves. I do not have the answer for you other than trying to steer you towards seeking spiritual food for your SOUL. You will know when you have found what feeds you that way because you will resonate with it vibrationally. That won’t come from your head. You will know it in your heart. May you find that quickly Karina!

7 Taylor Cardish { 10.27.17 at 8:52 am }

Hi Gen! I’m on the cusp of Pisces and Aries, born March 19th, but nonetheless a Pisces to the fullest extent. I’m only 19 years of age and I’ve always had an attraction towards astrology. I feel all of this resonates with me, I still feel very lost at times, not so much in what I should do with my life, but just everyday things. I don’t always know how to blur the lines between real and the fake, and I know I am very intuitive at heat, but I don’t always know how to channel that energy. I’m very empathetic and great at reading people. I’m actually dating someone right now with my opposite polarity and I’ve never felt more balanced and down to earth in my life, she’s truly making me understand the path more, but I can’t just rely on her to understand myself completely. I need some advice.
Thanks and lovedddddd your post. Truly riveting and resonating 🙂 hit home

8 Genevieve Vierling { 11.09.17 at 8:56 pm }

Taylor—-You are part of this new wave of very bright and perceptive young people who already have a good grasp of astrology. When I was starting out in my late 20s astrology was fairly hidden as a path of consciousness. So thank you for sharing your insights and being so candid about your self.

9 Eobert L Van Nest { 11.02.17 at 9:37 pm }

Born 02.27.38 scorpio rising
Most impressive sight.
E. Taylor 02.27.32 ; J. Woodward also 02.27 but not sure of birth year.
For me, the two most important people of the 20th cent were Einstein and Edger Cacey. The latter was probably the great prophet to ever walk the earth. Both were Pisces. John Steinbeck and Ralph Nader both Pisces 02.27.35 for Nader.
When you think about what these people did for mankind you have give them great respect.
My only great moment was teaching woodworking in Laos in the mid Sixties as a prePeace Corp volunter. Only American ever to do this. I drastically changed my life.
The sad thing about it is my own Coutry bombed Laos for more than 15 yrs. 4 billion pounds aprox. At current rate of removal of the uneploded ordance, it will take another 480 yrs to get it all out of the ground. It is trully a sad tail of my Country and its Imperial ways. Just think about how badly we are responding to Puerto Rico disaster.
One last thing, those born the 22 of any month unbelievable talents that no other number can match. Two examples in the music world: Andrew Lloyd Weber and Stephen Sondheim both born on March 22. 1930 & 1948.

10 Genevieve Vierling { 11.06.17 at 5:56 pm }

EOBERT—We are all privileged to have your in-put. Good information. I see from your energies that you have a nice blend of Aquarian–Pisces–Aries. I’m sure you’ve led a most interesting life and made some great humanitarian contributions along the way. I agree that the shadow side of our nation is enormous but I am also forever encouraged by the people I know personally and see rising up to create conscious and positives changes. These are the people I am grateful for and want to support—people like you! Thank you.

11 Roshan singh { 11.17.17 at 6:17 am }

Hello i am a pisces guy…i am currently persuing my bsc hospitality training bt i want to achieve something in life i always feel lyk doing such things would nt get fame fr me and nowadays i am also looking to be an actor i dunno where should i move to build my carrier i am totally lost can uh please help me out???

12 Genevieve Vierling { 11.17.17 at 8:58 am }

Dear Roshan, I’m not sure where you are living, but Hollywood and NYC are the logical places to go if you want to seriously pursue acting in the United States. Of course other countries now have their own places like Bollywood connections in India, etc. I remember years ago I knew Run Run Shaw’s son. Shaw was the top movie producer in Hong Kong and made hundreds of great films. So even San Francisco is a good place for budding actors. ACT is a great theater company there. Annette Bening got her start there. I knew the impresario, Enrico Banducci, who got Bill Cosby, Barbara Streisand, and many other talented people started at his club the Hungry i. I’m just giving you these examples to show that many large cities have acting and entertaining resources. I guess you’ll have to decide if you want to go into theater acting or film and then go from there to where the major centers are. Don’t be afraid to FOLLOW YOUR DREAM!!!

13 Shanno { 11.25.17 at 12:09 pm }

Beautifully written! It all hits home for me, I’m a 16 March 1969 posces, and I’m really really struggling to find my virgoan purpose!

14 Genevieve Vierling { 11.29.17 at 7:39 pm }

Shanno—-Oh yes! You have the Sun opposite Pluto in Virgo. So you have the purpose of facing ‘the other’ or dialoguing with them. It’s all about relationship for you with this. I see your Mercury/Moon is also in Pisces, so you have plenty of feelings, sensitivity, and compassion. It must be applied somehow with others who are facing life/death situations where you facilitate transformation. Pluto is also power and you have to willingly participate in something powerful and transformative. That covers a broad spectrum. You are obviously working with relationships and polarities in this lifetime with the directive to claim your own power of understanding to aid in healing the rifts between that divide. Virgo demands being a problem solver!

15 P. { 12.26.17 at 7:56 am }

3 3 1983 I am struggling with channeling my energies, Gen.
What chart are you referring to in some of your comments? Can I access it on your website?

16 Genevieve Vierling { 01.02.18 at 7:53 pm }

Dear ‘P’, I run the data myself that readers post. In your case, I’m simply looking at a Sunrise Chart (Sun on the Ascendant) since you don’t give me time or place of birth. I can see the challenge of ‘channeling your energies’ all right. You have Sun in Pisces in square aspect to Jupiter/Uranus for one thing. It would be easy to get off-track with whatever exciting adventure lures you out there, or in there mentally even. Your Moon/Saturn in Scorpio may help. You NEED to get deeply emotionally involved! Then immerse yourself in what FEELS RIGHT. That’s one hint anyway. I wish you well. You have an extraordinary chart for creativity. Just try not to get caught up in too much drama!

17 Jessica { 01.06.18 at 2:40 am }

Hi I’m a Pisces sun, Venus,mars and Pisces rising. I really enjoyed your article. I’ve sort of lost my way recently and can’t seem to find the way back. My true calling is something I am looking for. I’ve recently became very interested in astrology tho. My birthday is 2/21/83 at 7:45am in Atlanta Georgia

18 Genevieve Vierling { 01.25.18 at 7:59 pm }

Dear Jessica, Yours is easy to spot! You are under Neptune’s fog right now. The planet is going over your Ascendant of late, but will gradually fade away. In the meantime, since you are Pisces’ Rising, something is calling on you in terms of your true vocation. You were born with Neptune in your 10th house of public life. So go within and keep asking your Higher Self for guidance. Inspiration will come if you will listen and pay attention in the still moments of contemplation and reflection. Your Moon in Gemini can’t be buzzing around so much now. Neptune is wanting you to go within. Any form of therapy such as Sandplay, art therapy, or creative journal writing would probably be useful. Neptune is dissolving the old approach away so you can begin anew, more in tune with your truer self. You have great healing ability as well as artistic gifts. Good fortune smile on you!

19 Anusha { 01.07.18 at 3:00 am }

Hello. My name is Anusha and I am a March 1st Pisces. I’m currently doing my college degree that I thought I was passionate about but lately, I realised that I am actually completely lost in life. I tried to force my interest into what I’m doing right now but it completely backfired. It feels as if any decision I take now is going to end up bad so I’m being very indecisive. Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

20 Genevieve Vierling { 01.25.18 at 8:03 pm }

Dear Anusha, You’ve also been experiencing transit Neptune going over your Sun for several years now. Neptune is the great dissolver, but also requires considerable reflection and inner work to truly by-pass programming in a modern world that doesn’t support a richer inner development. Try to spend as much time in nature as possible and really open yourself to your connection with energies that stream around and through you constantly, but get drowned out by a modern world that doesn’t support the subtleties of intuition and mysticism. Pisces really needs that. And—yes—under Neptune it isn’t easy to make sure fast decisions. Be patient. Answers will come in their own time…..

21 Lunch Abrams { 01.11.18 at 12:05 am }

2-23-73 female…feeling super lost

22 Genevieve Vierling { 01.25.18 at 8:17 pm }

Dear Lunch, It’s difficult to say too much since you don’t give accurate birth data, but I see that your Sun is in a challenging square to the ruler of your Sun, Neptune. This modern world is quite non-supportive for a true Pisces, because you have to spend a lot of time going within and cut out the distractions that derail you. I see your Moon is in Scorpio, so you need something deep and passionate to arouse your mind—Mercury in Pisces. You are a strong feeling type. Highly intuitive. So develop that skill. Again, the right teacher is sometimes hard to find depending on where you live. But I wish you a true teacher at this point in your life.

23 Enya { 01.22.18 at 2:30 pm }

Oh wow what a lovely piece to read. I’m an 8th house sun, mars anf merc with 1st decan Leo Rising. Fighting a constant identity crisis….even though I’m nearly 40 I’m still not much closer to discovering who i really am.

24 Genevieve Vierling { 01.25.18 at 8:18 pm }

Thanks for sharing Enya~

25 Michael { 01.30.18 at 4:06 am }

Hi i’m Michael from South Africa, i’m a Piscean and i’m constantly feeling lost,melancholy gets the best of me most of the time i do however help others but sometimes i feel like i’m too open and often feel that i should take my own advice.

26 Genevieve Vierling { 02.14.18 at 11:38 am }

Thanks for sharing Michael. I’m sure all Pisces can relate in some form to what you say. May you find comfort!

27 Koni { 02.14.18 at 3:14 am }

Thanks for the article. Wonderful and so completely encapsulates what I’ve been going through all my life.

Birth date : 10.03.87

Any specific advice for my love life and career would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

28 Genevieve Vierling { 02.14.18 at 11:41 am }

Thank you Koni—-Unfortunately I can not address your query in any type of SPECIFIC way. That requires having Place of Birth and exact TIME OF BIRTH. A professional astrologer can help you with these questions, myself included, for it is a comprehensive question that requires considerable study of your entire birth map and the PLACEMENT of where your planets are located. Love Life includes several planets and several houses. Career includes at least three houses and several planets. I hope you see how complexity cannot be addressed in a paragraph or two on this blog.

29 Elisabeth { 03.07.18 at 1:35 pm }

Hi Genevieve,

I am a triple Pisces (sun, moon, and ascendant)! I seem to get into relationships with people in which I do most, of not all of the giving and compromising. Am I doomed in love by this triple Pisces threat?

30 Genevieve Vierling { 03.08.18 at 6:16 pm }

Dear Elisabeth, If you can use this incredible force of empathy and understanding professionally you may be able to move towards a more equal personal relationship where give and take is a must. One of the best books I have read which includes some insights on your theme is by Joan McEvers entitled “12 Times 12, 144 Sun/Ascendant Combinations Of course she’s only dealing with Sun/Ascendant—not Moon! Moon in Pisces is THE most sensitive placement for the moon in my humble opinion. So I”m wondering if your Sun/Moon are in the 12th house or the 1st house? Also the decanate that each is in is important as well. But she describes your type as ‘impressionable, romantic and idealistic…….you have a universal quality about you that others respond to without knowing just what it is that attracts them. Emotional, dreamy, receptive and restless, you are the most approachable of people…..”

She concludes with this sentence, “When you are using the idealism and spirituality of Pisces to its best effect, there is no one kinder, more understanding of others and helpful than you.” Reason, again, from my point of view to use these sterling qualities in your life work. Lawrence Welk is one of the examples she uses of someone with this signature. You are probably too young, but he had this musical show as a bandleader that was very genteel and people-friendly on TV way-back-when. He was exceedingly popular for his day. So acting, performing, even politics are suitable careers for people like you.

Finally, since Virgo is on the cusp of your 7th house, look to your Mercury and all of its aspects to see how best to find the right type of partner who may compliment your incredible capacity to give. Perhaps someone you could work WITH in helping others. Just some thoughts for you…..

31 ialman { 03.08.18 at 10:21 am }

Hello, and thank you for your writing on this subject. I was born 03/08/92 though I am unsure of the exact sign, I believe I am a Taurus moon. I recently am deciding between staying at my desk job (administrative job) which pays well but does not hold my interest or passion… and going back to school to pursue a helping profession like Social Work.

I am unsure of the best course of action, as I have little savings and am still paying off previous student loans. On the practical side, I need the job to continue supporting myself and to pay debts. On the other hand, I feel like I will die miserable the longer I spend time in a job/space that I, at heart, detest.

Regards,

32 Genevieve Vierling { 03.20.18 at 9:54 pm }

Dear I alman, Both your Sun and Moon (yes, in Taurus) aspect Jupiter in Virgo. You would make a wonderful social worker or LCSW. Exercise your ‘faith’ one step at a time in true Virgo fashion. Your Moon is in trine and support will be there always for you. Security is so important to Moon in Taurus people, but you are a Pisces, and that is your directive. Your Sun is in trine to Pluto. Follow your passion! Transit Jupiter is now going over your Pluto and in trine to your Sun. Believe in yourself and a way will open. My best to you!

33 Amanda Parrell { 03.20.18 at 6:40 pm }

Genevieve,

I truly loved this article and can’t agree more about Pisces being compassionate. I was born in Monterey Park, CA at 12:49pm on 3/9/1983 and I have yet to come across anyone born on this day but also share the same compassion that I have for people, animals, insects, and plants. There is still plenty of information that I need to get a better understanding of myself. I am currently struggling with my own demons and not getting along with my mothet who is a Taurus born on April 26, 1951 in Inglewoof, CA.

34 Genevieve Vierling { 03.20.18 at 10:06 pm }

Dear Amanda, You have the Moon in Capricorn which is indicative of your deep connection with nature, among other things. It is also such a responsible Moon! You can be very practical in your compassion I dare say. I see your Mother also has Moon in Capricorn, but it is conjoining your South Node, so perhaps there is some karma to work out with her now that you are asserting more your own individuality. Your Sun is conjunct her North Node so you are helping her to become more spiritual and compassionate! She looks to be quite fixed minded however, so I’m sure it’s not easy. You are a mature adult now and it’s important that she respect that I feel. Your Moon needs to ultimately own your own inner authority and you have your Sun in Pisces to guide you towards your own world view. Perhaps she will go through an awakening as transit Uranus begins to go over her Taurus planets soon!

35 KB { 03.21.18 at 1:54 am }

I am happy to have come across this article. I am a young pisces born 3/2/1995 @ 11:45 am, and currently I am on a journey seeking stability and understanding. I can admit that I am going through a bit of identity crisis due to the fact that I have trouble discerning between my own feelings and others. I had a tumultuous childhood which I make attempt to address and resolve. I just want to be successful and have peace in life. I have a daughter who is also pisces (3/9/16) and I want to be able to offer her the support and foundation I’ve always wanted. I am a college grad and have enlisted in the Navy so I feel like I am taking proper steps. This satisfies the serve or suffer saying. I really need guidance and insight.

36 Genevieve Vierling { 04.17.18 at 9:24 am }

Dear KB, You don’t give your LOCATION of birth, so I am not completely sure of your house placements natally. What I do see, however, is that you will be responsible, because you already are with Saturn conjoining your Moon in Pisces, and you will be able to succeed as you carefully rise and are delegated more and more authority in this lifetime. You are beginning some major transformations with are collective in nature as our country goes through it’s death and rebirth process based on it’s 1776 inception. These are momentous times to be alive!

You have many, many gifts are are smart. Use your mind to see the whole picture. It gives you objectivity. You will work well with others and be part of a team; just be careful that you don’t try to do everyone’s job for them. 🙂 You can handle a lot, but be prudent in your willingness to shoulder the world.

You make an admirable mother and I do feel you can find the right partner to create a healing home and family out of the wounds from your early life. You need a partner who inspires you daily, yet is supportive and productive like you. Namaste!

37 KB { 03.21.18 at 1:56 am }

I always seem to have a blockage over my creativity. I am very talented but I struggle with making use of my abilities.

38 Genevieve Vierling { 03.21.18 at 7:44 am }

Dear KB, I’m on vacation without my computer to run your chart. I”ll answer your first inquiry when I return. Thanks for your patience!

39 Rose { 03.23.18 at 7:46 am }

8th March 1993, born at 8:15am in India. Please help me out in understanding more about my placement/transits. Thank you 🙁

40 Genevieve Vierling { 04.17.18 at 9:30 am }

Dear Rose, You also don’t say WHERE in India you were born. It is a very, very large country! Latitude and Longitude are highly important factors in astrology. 🙂 It looks as though, however, you were born with Sun/Mercury in Pisces in your 12th house, which is also Pisces home. You need a path of service and spirituality to feel at home and peace with yourself. You are young so continue to carefully sort out what kind of service you wish to participate in. Don’t ever be a slave. Serve because you love the work. You were born around a FULL MOON with Moon in Virgo, so this means you need also to exercise discrimination daily in terms of health/work/habits. Always ask yourself what is right for me. You were also born with what we call the ‘Mystic Rectangle’ implying that you are able to integrate polarities and bring them into harmony. That is a true gift!

Transformation is upon you on many, many levels right now. You are getting ready to emerge from your ‘cave’ and become more and more healing in all of your many ways of interaction with others. Own that in yourself and allow yourself to be guided. Be the Universal Soul you came here to be.

41 Tx { 03.28.18 at 12:49 pm }

Hi Genevieve,

I am new to astrology. I have Sun, Moon, and Mercury in Pisces, born ~7:35am in St. Louis Missouri 2/21/85. I don’t think there is any Virgo in my chart. For years I have been struggling with major losses and self-blame and a year ago I was diagnosed with uterine cancer.

I have spent my career freelancing in ways that involve acting preemptively or reacting to the needs of others, which I am skilled at–home health, teaching arts, and customer service gigs. In my free time up until my diagnosis I managed on a shoestring big community projects I dreamed up (satisfying but feverish-feeling, masochistic, unsustainable, sometimes ineffective) and volunteered with social justice work. This past year I’ve stopped most activities and currently only work 2 days a week but I still feel exhausted, burnt out, confused, anxious. I feel like one by one all my visions for my future have been pulled out from under me. I have stopped activities I used to enjoy, such as being a follow in social dancing, because I am tired of making myself a ghost in order to feel for other people’s feelings and minute movements. I notice I have cut most of the men out of my life for similar reasons–they mostly seem to take and need.

I am considering moving out to the country to be in nature and commuting for my 2 days of work. I’m unsure because I worry I’ll lose my grip without my long-term roommates and amazing but overwhelming barrage of doting friends to distract me from what I call the deep ancient sadness.

I want to learn to feel and accept my own feelings, stop pitying myself and focusing on the negative, and finally have some consistency in my self-care and creative activities (I never have; is this possible?). I worry about being alone and lonely, especially not being touched and in the context of my diagnosis, but part of me feels that confronting aloneness might actually benefit both my inner life and social life. Any thoughts for how I can maximize functionality in my life? Thank you for this post!!

42 Genevieve Vierling { 04.17.18 at 9:43 am }

Dear Tx, I love your last paragraph which is good advice to yourself. All of your ‘illusions’ are leaving thanks to transit Saturn on your Neptune right now. But you ARE a visionary, so new visions will emerge. And you ARE a manifestor. You are what is called a TRIPLE PISCES, so your journey is not an easy one with your Moon in Pisces right on your Ascendant. Yes, you need nature and you need your totems now. Communing with nature will be a balm to your soul and you will not find yourself alone, believe me. Many forms of consciousness are in the natural world from the smallest insect to the largest tree.

In many ways you are at a new beginning and need to trust your intuition and go with the flow of life. At the same time, Virgo, being opposite all of your Pisces planets, means cultivating a relationship with all that Virgo represents. Find Virgo-type people who are not takers, but givers. They are out there! You need helpers now who bring their knowledge and expertise into your life to deal with this deep wound in your uterus/womb. Find women who inspire you as well, like Eve Ensler, “In The Body of the World”. Your wound is the universal wound of the feminine on this planet today.

Know that you are strong, however!!! You have Mars/Venus in Aries. You are a fighter. Own your anger constructively. Own your FIRE. Do not accept defeat as you allow yourself to heal and be nurtured by nature, silence, and caring people. I wish you to be free of all suffering.

43 Alice { 03.31.18 at 12:00 pm }

Hi Genevieve

I was born on 27 Feb 1987 at 22:20 in Plovdiv
Trough my life I’ve always been seen as weak, emotional and toothless.
I get deeply upset when others try to trick or opress me but I never feel equiped to respond…
Thank you!

44 Genevieve Vierling { 05.12.18 at 11:37 am }

Dear Alice, I see so much in your birth chart!! You need a private life/world where your compassion and true power can be released. I hope you have children for you have what it takes to be a wonderful parent and guide to them. Pluto in the first house CAN feel powerless, yet you have great transformative power at your disposal. Read Stanislav Grof, that great teacher from your part of the world. He has lots of YouTube videos. You are a double Pisces so it is important that you allow your inner spirit/higher self to guide you and don’t listen to or compare yourself with others. I also encourage you to find a creative outlet for all of your feelings and know that empathy is what gives you strength.

45 Jennifer { 04.03.18 at 8:29 pm }

Hi, I so loved your article…I wish it made me feel better…i was born on 2/24/1972 at 4 pm in houston texas…i stay lost and anxious and in a constant state of self hatred. My mom and is a virgo and we no longer speak and that is killing me…she is the most amazing person i know and I never could live up to her…i wanted to be her and well epic fail…I also have a son that i had to give up for adoption and he was born on march 1, 1995 on ash wednesday i am not sure of the time i know it was evening due to he was 3 months early…I miss him so very much and i still oddly get these intense feelings or something when something is going on with him…its like we are still connected…its like i know him better than anyone could…

46 Genevieve Vierling { 05.12.18 at 11:48 am }

Dear Jennifer, I see that Virgo is the ‘missing leg’ of your Mutable T-square with Saturn in Gemini square your Sun/Mercury in Pisces square your Neptune in Sagittarius. So your Mother fills that missing place and you idolize her because there is a dream of perfection in you. Yes, you judge yourself so harshly!! Your chart is challenging but not without it’s grace. Now is a good time to move towards becoming productive and wiser. You’ll have transit Uranus in Taurus to help you.

Nothing is harder than giving up a child and I can see how connected you are with your son. Always send him your love and light. It sounds like you have contact with him? That’s good. Your Moons are in a flowing trine with your Moon in Cancer and his in Pisces (he’s a New Moon Pisces) so this, in part, explains the easy psychic connection you have with him.

47 Jennifer { 04.03.18 at 8:36 pm }

His mother never told him he was adopted even though he new he was different. Needless to say he was supprised and angry and hurt…his father is also a pisces 2/28/1971 and was an amazing madn we were just way to young. My son worries me becasue he is so very lost and yet I get it i totally do and i dont know it if it was my fault that he is…he is destined for great things i just know it…and last what hurts the most is my mom acts like he never exsisted and he wanted to meet her and she refuses…why would she do that….why am i such a failure…and why do i still feel so connected to him when I didnt raise him…thank you for listenting

48 Genevieve Vierling { 05.12.18 at 11:57 am }

Dear Jennifer again, It’s not your fault. Don’t take that on. Forgive yourself for you were young and obviously didn’t have the support of your parents when you needed it back then. You son has the ability to be mentally objective and that can be his creative strength. It’s best for you to focus on you, not your Mom. She has the ‘frog in the well’ attitude and can only see out of a very small lens in life. Let that go. Focus on where you want to go next and how you can communicate your love and goodwill towards your son who is now 23 years old (looks like the same age you were when you gave birth to him). Yes, you are connected; so humbly ask for his forgiveness and ask what you can do to support him in his life pursuits now. Then put your love and energy into doing just that. Your Venus in Aries can move on and work with his fiery Jupiter in Sagittarius and Mars in Leo. You can encourage him and be supportive energetically.

49 Ashley { 04.11.18 at 10:26 pm }

Hi I don’t know if you will read my chart or not but I’m very confused and lost right now. I’m 21 born March 14th 1997 at 11:32 am in Boca Raton, FL.

50 Genevieve Vierling { 05.12.18 at 12:07 pm }

Dear Ashley, I see that you are under transit Neptune right now!! Yes, you have Venus/Sun/Mercury/SouthNode all in Pisces. This is about your public life/career, and I’m sure it’s difficult to see clearly what you should be preparing for, so find that which inspires you the most and/or breaks your heart the most. It could be a cause, something you deeply value, even people that you admire. Let some of that guide you. Your chart indicates that your life will be full of opportunities and that you are incredibly versatile and smart. So right now it’s about what you VALUE. Meditate upon that theme……values. Values that are close to the heart are the truest guides in life, and they don’t come from the propaganda of the outer world. They come from within the Soul force which you tap when you are alone and/or in nature. Family looks very important in your chart, but it could be your own definition of what constitutes ‘family’. When you are under Neptune it’s important to allow the current to carry you along and say afloat. You know what I mean if you know how to swim! Go with the flow is another way of looking at this, but don’t be deceived by other people’s influences. The flow needs to come from within.

51 Kk { 04.16.18 at 4:07 am }

Hi I just had a baby boy on 3/17 at 1:33 am born in NJ. From what I have found it looks like he is Pisces sun and moon. I thought he was going to be an Aires from his due date but he surprised us early! Any insight on how to help him grow happy and healthy? He is the youngest (Aires sis and Camcer bro) Libra mom Taurus dad. Thank you!

52 Genevieve Vierling { 05.12.18 at 12:13 pm }

Dear Kk, Congratulations!! Yes, he has a Neptune/Moon/Sun/Chiron all in Pisces. So the Moon is where parents need to focus with a baby. That is what they need. He needs closeness, boundedness, and a lot of contact with the natural world. He will be very sensitive. His Cancer brother will have repore with him. His Aries sister will inspire and ignite him for he also has Venus/Mercury and Uranus all in Aries. So he is primarily Water/Fire—-highly creative. Give him lots of outlets for that side of his nature! His Dad will help ground him and be a container for all of his water. You, as Libran Mom, will guide him in how to relate to the bigger world. Libra is at the top of his chart. His chart is basically that of an introvert though he will be quite lively when he feels safe with those he know. Communication is his true path. I’m sure you will help him with that.

53 Jennie { 04.18.18 at 6:50 am }

Hello Genevieve! .
I was watching a show last night about pyramids and calendars and they mentioned the Mayan end of calendar. I found your article about that day and arrived here. I remember that day vividly the weather was violent and I had a very long discussion with a dear friend who is a very unique soul and blending of cultures and races. I don’t remember what we were talking about but we would always be able to talk for hours and seem to have very similar understandings and both of the ability to feel or cents quite deeply . I do know that we could feel that the universe is energy with the weather and contemplated the end of the world in a brief lighthearted manner! He and I do not speak much at all anymore as he has a new partner. I was born during the spring equinox almost to the minute. 3/20/76 Lockport, NY 8.01 am. I very much enjoyed your article and everyone’s responses. I too have had difficulty identifying a career path and have dabbled in many that range from fine art to technology in areas ranging from public service to luxury. I have struggle to find the right niche. Sometimes wonder if I just get bored easily or have not found the right thing And/or people to work with or reside. I have lived both in the desert and by the sea. I was extremely productive in the desert, not very social and vice versa near the sea! I often feel misunderstood, misplaced, and unappreciated. Any advice you have is most warmly welcome !

54 Genevieve Vierling { 05.12.18 at 1:34 pm }

Dear Jennie, According to my computer calculations you are a Sun sign Aries which might explain a lot around the ‘getting bored’ issues. You actually have Jupiter/Chiron also in Aries in your 12th, so you are quite intuitive and universal in nature. Your career house is ‘ruled’ by Saturn at the very bottom of your chart, so finding the right place is the quest. You have a lot of FIRE so that would explain being productive in the desert. You also have a lot of WATER which includes Venus/Mercury in Pisces—-very social near water!!! You are a creative type and need to be constantly on the move with that Moon in Sagittarius. I know I’m looking at snippets of this and that from your natal chart which is very much in a splash pattern, so you have to cover a lot of bases in this lifetime!

Now that transit Pluto is beginning to hit your MC I’d say you’ll go through quite a deep and abiding transformation that will involve finishing up many elements before you can move on into the new. Chiron going over your Sun will continue to bring out the maverick/healer in you. Age and maturity will be good for you over-all as you find where you belong and dig in for your ultimate life work.

55 Patrick { 04.26.18 at 6:51 pm }

Amazing article! The best times of my life when I felt so happy were making others happier and better. I was born 4.3.1983 at 15:50 (Bogota, Colombia) and I’m sometimes lost on what I should do. I was born with an artistic gift, and though I am very good at it, it kind of costs me to make a living out of it (I have many ideas but loose interest fast). I also seem to be attached to the past (nostalgia?) and find difficult to let go (specially people). I have never felt like the conventional, clichéd Pisces anyway. I wonder sometimes what’s really going on. I’m confused!

56 Genevieve Vierling { 05.12.18 at 1:44 pm }

Dear Patrick, Those of you born with Sun in the 8th do have a complex journey in your quest for individuation. You are drawn to people who increase the Pisces dilemma of nostalgia vs moving forward (past & future). Yes, you are here to live for others as you are what is called a receptive type. Your artist gifts come from past life skill sets and I see that you could make a good living in the counseling arts where you help other people. You have a great chart for a therapist actually. Or a coach or consultant. With Venus/Mars both in Aries you do need constant stimulation and change or you do get bored, but within the helping professions are many types of work which lend themselves to that combination of Sun Pisces/Venus/Mars Aries/Mercury Aquarius. I know of a great acupuncturist, for example, with the Pisces/Aries combination. Partnership is also a major theme in your life and finding the right partner is tantamount to your own feeling of fulfillment. I bet you are a wonderful man! Also, one last insight is your Moon in Scorpio. You need deep connections and meaningful dialogue with others—-another great aspect for counseling work. Though the arts lend themselves to all of your energies as well provided you are part of a team/partnership.

57 Cherry94 { 05.12.18 at 5:33 am }

Dear Genevieve, I was born on 28th of February 1994, in Sana’a-Yemen, at 3:00PM. I feel completely lost and I have no clue how to make some major and life changing decisions. There is a war in my mind and the simplest life decisions became energy consuming for me. I’m currently in the dilemma of deciding to marry a Taurus man (born on the 5th of May 1990, in Yemen. There has been some family problems and I’m left to decide if I’ll marry him or reject the proposal. He’s a really nice guy , caring, generous, vocal about his love for me and would do nice gestures to make me happy, but he’s a bad temper and he’s kind of stubborn. Sometime, I don’t feel like I’m grounded with him because I feel like im so emotional and need to be treated with delicacy. However, he’s also very sensitive and the slightest misunderstandings would flip his mood off. He had a couple of fights with my brother because we all work in the same entity and their friendship is over. Now, I’m left to choose between him and my brother’s judgement that I should leave this man and continue my life because he thinks he’s not a responsible man because he doesn’t have much savings and he makes fast reactions. Genevieve, I know you’re not a relationship consultant but do you think we can actually match and have a strong relationship? I feel a tremendous amount of dilemma because I love him and think he’s a good guy, but I don’t want to regret my decision. Please, advise me on the compatibility of our zodiac signs and how the changes with planets entering our signs would affect our relationship. Many thanks in advance!!

58 Genevieve Vierling { 05.12.18 at 2:08 pm }

Dear Cherry94, I do in-depth relationship consultations privately, but I’ll take a quick look at this for you right now. He has quite an amazing chart actually with a lot of potential but he gets pulled in too many different directions it appears. If he is willing to listen to you, you could help him direct his Mars in Pisces energy into positive thought and action rather than reactive anger for your Sun/Saturn is conjunct that Mars. Part of the problem may be that you have an objective mind and he has a subjective one. I don’t have his birth time, so can know where, exactly, his Sun/Mercury is posited. You have Moon in Libra which needs fairness and harmony. His Moon is in Virgo which is that ‘touchy’ side you describe which can flip. The Moon is important for compatibility in a marriage.

You have transit Neptune going over your Venus right now making it difficult to judge clearly around love issues, but thankfully you are weighing things carefully with your Moon in Libra! He has transit Neptune opposite his Moon so I’m sure you fit his image of ‘perfection’. I think the real key here is whether or not this man can gain self-awareness by being more objective. He has nothing in the Air element unless his rising sign is. He will be going through his Saturn Return next year which is THE year to get on track with one’s life ambition.

I would suggest that you seek further counseling in Yemen from someone you both could see together. Your Sun signs ARE in harmony; it’s more his Moon in Virgo that is problematic for you, which is his emotional body. Is he willing to learn and change to improve his social skills? See if that’s true or not. He has Sun opposite Pluto, so he has real power issues that are deeply embedded starting with his relationship with his own father. What is that like? I”m just throwing out ideas and suggestions for you to look into. Don’t be hasty here! You need family harmony but you may also want to pursue the relationship if he is willing to work on it with you.

59 Cherry94 { 05.17.18 at 5:20 am }

Thank you Genevieve for your reply! He doesn’t know his time of birth unfortunately, but I was surprised that you actually mentioned his relationship with his father! They have an unstable relationship with a lot of fights, his father was in the military and he was tough on him when he was a child. This man has problems with many in his family so I’m not sure if that has to do with the impact his father left in him when he was a child.
What do you suggest in terms of figuring out if he’ll change or not/improve his social skills and stop his reactive anger? sometimes, I find it hard to get into a calm discussion without him being stubborn about his opinions that he is right 99% of the time, so I don’t think it will be me who will direct his thoughts to positive thoughts and actions.
Do you think that moon in Virgo will be a big problem in this relationship?

Thank you so much Genevieve! I genuinely appreciate the consultation you did for me, as we unfortunately don’t have any consultation centers in my city.

Looking forward to reading your reply!

60 Genevieve Vierling { 05.28.18 at 2:56 pm }

Dear Cherry, Yes he has mega father issues since his path should be ‘the path of peace/not war’. He should be growing things and working with the Earth!!! Taurus is a builder sign and Moon in Virgo needs connections with earthy things. Because he has no AIR in his make-up it must be very difficult for you to reason with him for you have Moon in Libra and Mercury in Aquarius. You can be objective and I doubt it is possible for him to be so; rather he needs to feel useful and productive then he’ll be happier knowing he’s making a good contribution. With Moon in Virgo he may feel very small indeed inside due to the conditioning imposed on him as a child. To compensate he may feel he has to be angry and aggressive to prove something. Pisces/Virgo is the sado-masochistic syndrome you see, and it stems from lack of self-worth internally.

So will he change? Not unless he is willing to go through some type of re-conditiong of his sense of self-worth and allow himself to feel vulnerable again in a safe place. His father must have forced his Mars in Pisces to ‘buck up! Be a man!’ He maybe complied at a great expense to his inner sensitivites. He is armored now I suspect, and anger is a sure way to cope with anxiety and fear.

Your Moon in Libra needs harmony and the ability to talk things through rationally and diplomatically. His energy field doesn’t feed that too easily and I do see that as a challenge for you. In this country I would advise you both working with a gifted therapist who helps couples, but I don’t know what you have in Yemen. Nonetheless I wish you success in finding a way because I feel, at heart, he is a beautiful man! And you a beautiful woman!!

61 Yashwant Sami { 05.27.18 at 11:08 pm }

20-02-1998, 11:30 pm, Nagercoil, India
I just hate my life. I still have suicidal thoughts. I feel like i couldn’t even find any skill that i am good at. I am overwhelmed by all the wrong decisions that i took in life. It seems like there is this dark side in me that is destroying me once i reach a stable point in life. Please help.

62 Genevieve Vierling { 05.28.18 at 2:39 pm }

Dear Yashwant, My heart goes out to you! I’m wondering, did you have a difficult birth? Was it difficult for your Mother? There’s a clue here I feel. I encourage you, if you are able to, to go on-line and look up on YouTube the work of Dr. Stanislaf Grof. Your chart shows some type of intense life/death struggle at birth that has greatly impacted you, and his work is about healing that primal wound. I’m not sure what you have available in India but your English is excellent. You actually have the chart of a healer yourself—shamanic qualities which are imprinted and often have the qualities of a life/death struggle. Your purpose is about finding your right place in the world/on the planet…….belonging. It is also about nurturing something. You need to find others to help which will take the focus away from yourself. You are creative. What do you want to create and heal? Of course it can start with creating and healing a new sense of self! You are young still and I do hope you can find someone to help you with this who isn’t afraid of your raw emotions. Amaste…..

63 Olar { 05.30.18 at 7:41 am }

Hi genevieve, I was born 5/3/1993 about 12pm in the western part of nigeria, I’ve been having great problem with personality disorder, Many occassions of lucid dreams where i try to convice dream characters that its just dream, sometimes i decides to wake up with full awareness from dreams when threatned..
also suffering from sleep paralysis for about eleven years now, and a kind of windy attack in sleep even when i’m actually concious , now i notice leaving my body for solace while having sleep troubles (kind of hallucination), also involve in some religious and mysterious dreams like world ending, seeing signs in the sky , also flying, and in reality i’m the most confused person i know right now..
also very artistic (music) but i’m never satisfied with myself.
I am really lost..
please say something

64 Genevieve Vierling { 06.06.18 at 12:19 pm }

Dear Olar, You seem to be going through what is called a ‘Spiritual Emergency’ as defined by Stanislav Grof and his wife Christina. Please look him up on the web and try to get ahold of one of his books or watch him on YouTube. Look up the term ‘spiritual emergency’ as well and see what you can find.

You have some special gifts and begin to see them in that light rather than a ‘disorder’. I, too, used to suffer from some of your symptoms, even the paralysis where you are frozen and can’t move. Remember, that NOTHING can hurt you in the dream state, so the more lucid you become the more you are able to move the energy and use it. You have marked intuitive gifts and perhaps even prophetic ones. The truth is, the world of humans is really ‘crazy’ right now. There is so little coherence (see John Trudell’s work on-line) and clear thinking. Treat all of this as a curious seeker, an adventurer. You are discovering new terrain within the personal unconscious and the collective unconscious. Put it into your music. You have Moon in Leo which is great for performing. Of course you’re never satisfied with yourself. Good for you! Keep going and keep improving yourself with that drive.

You have the planet Neptune going over your Sun right now as a transit, and then Mercury. Yes, there is confusion, but there is also openings into other realms and the ability to merge with the infinite and higher levels of consciousness. Write down some of your dreams if you can and draw the images or put them to music. Allow the energies to evolve out of you as a creative force. I hope some of these suggestions will help. Blessings!

65 Lekan { 05.31.18 at 1:21 pm }

5th march 1993
12:pm
Nigeria..
Say something pls

66 Genevieve Vierling { 06.06.18 at 12:21 pm }

Lekan—-I just responded to your first one. I hope you can find John Trudell’s work on-line. He was a Native American and a profound poet and unique musician who understood the dreamtime.

67 Nicole P { 06.14.18 at 7:41 pm }

Hi Genevieve,
I just loved reading your post, it really opened my eyes about a lot of characteristics that I possess. I was born 02-27-1995 around 10:30am. I am currently in the process of figuring out what my next step in life is. I constantly feel like I am in a transition and I often feel like I tell others that I’m transitioning so that they don’t judge me for being lost in life. I would just love a little guidence and a chance to learn more about myself. I have always been intensely drawn to the water, animals, books and fantasy.. I strongly empathize with people, but feel like helping others is not enough of a career for me. I always felt as if I was meant for more or something great would happen to me and I would be doing exactly what I was meant to be doing and be completely fulfilled. I always felt above everyone and special as if I were more, and I still feel this way yet I feel so lost. I can’t tell if this feeling is valid or if it’s just naivety. Your input is greatly appreciated.

68 Genevieve Vierling { 06.25.18 at 9:25 am }

Dear Nicole, So you are now 23 years of age. What have you been doing education-wise? I suggest that you must take steps towards the fulfillment you desire rather than waiting for it to come to you, though I see a great deal of your chart planets are on what we call the receptive side of the chart. Yes, you have a destiny out in the public world, but with Saturn conjunct your Sun you must WORK FOR IT. It’s called ‘co-creation’. I know so many of my Pisces’ readers want free advice, but once given is it really valued? If there is no meaningful exchange of energy what good will it do all of you? Pisces can be far too passive, and that is exactly what you can’t afford to be. Your chart indicates you must take steps, no matter how small, towards your goals daily. In other words you need to get to work building what you want to create. Higher education is an important step for you even if it isn’t formal. Once that is begun the rest will follow. I wish you fulfillment through action not passivity!

69 Ashley { 06.16.18 at 1:20 am }

Hey thanks for reading my chart(Ashley born March 14 1997 boca raton fl at 11:32 am) you were pretty spot on about family being very important, kind of to a point where I isolate myself from friends in order to be more close to family. As well as the period for career as I am just now figuring out what my passions are and starting to do ASMR videos which I enjoy a lot (also having to do with public) I’m just still very lost because it seems as everytime I think I have my plans figured out and life seems to be coming together it falls apart before I ever get there. I just recently lost my dog to cancer and my grandma also has cancer, I also lost my step dad a month ago and 3 close friends last year. I’m having a very hard time staying motivated and dealing with loss, I feel kind of numb and not very creative or passionate anymore. Idk what all you can know from a birth chart like if it tells you when to expect loss/death of family, major setbacks or problems? I’m so scared I’m going to lose someone else soon. Also is the ASMR thing a good plan? Would you be able to tell by my chart if I will succeed at being a semi “public figure” or I guess considerably a performer that just had full creative control over content haha I always felt like a silent leader but i’m not sure if I’m going in the right direction with career or if people will even be drawn to me at all.

70 Genevieve Vierling { 06.25.18 at 9:46 am }

Dear Ashley, My condolences on your grandma and dog’s death as well as the other’s in your circle. Life, death, and rebirth are all a part of our journey here on planet Earth. Sometimes they come in waves and I sincerely hope that subsides for you though I see that Mars moving through your 8th house will be there a few months longer. So it is a time of transformation. Think of it that way. Timing is something we astrologers help our clients with but it takes considerable time and research to do it properly. I can only do a quick look for readers on this blog. So regaining your passion and thus your motivation now takes what is called Will Power. Don’t give up. Take small steps each day to improve your life and move forward with your own plans. Take a ‘can do’ approach. Yes, keep going with your ASMR videos. Film is a good outlet for your talents. The video world is promising for you and don’t worry about others; do what you love. With Venus at the top of your chart you’re sure to have plenty of people who will be drawn to you and love you. 🙂

71 Ramondo Proia { 06.16.18 at 12:22 pm }

I just wanted to say that’s the most amazing excerpt of a Pisces to explaining it in ways that I couldn’t even describe I myself am a double Pisces male and I just want to give you mad mad to Kudos and thumbs up

72 LawrenceJuicy { 06.21.18 at 8:18 pm }

I often visit your blog and have noticed that you don’t update it often. More frequent updates will give your blog higher authority & rank in google.
I know that writing posts takes a lot of time, but you can always help yourself with miftolo’s tools which will shorten the time of creating an article to a couple of seconds.

73 Genevieve Vierling { 06.28.18 at 4:25 pm }

Thanks for the tip Lawrence. I get tremendously busy and simply can’t find the time to write more than once a month anymore. I like to give my articles my own take, and I like to think about what I want to write about. I don’t need ‘quick fixes’ quite frankly. Miftolo is probably good for editing, but not for content.

74 Nest { 06.27.18 at 12:53 am }

I’m quite lost, from a younger age I thought all I wanted was someone to love and I met a girl but since then we have broken up, I’ve learned more things and I’m just not sure that I’m ready but at the same time that’s all I want it someone but I’m always looking at myself not being able to love because I always look at the bad things about myself but it only makes things worse but I aspire to be someone to care somebody else, so my question is what should I do if I keep getting into my head where I’m drowning if bad thoughts and all I want it someone to pull me out but at the same time I like it here being alone always yourning for someone, but at the same time I know it’s not for me?

75 Genevieve Vierling { 06.28.18 at 4:23 pm }

Dear Nest, There is actually a prayer that I was taught and passed it on to our daughter when she suffered from fear and pain. You may want to paraphrase it according to your own beliefs as the Divine takes all manner of names depending on one’s faith. Here it is however: “I surround my self with the pure, white light of ‘the Christ’. Nothing but good shall go from me. Nothing but good shall come to me. I give thanks. I give thanks. I give thanks.” You can’t go wrong working with white light. Visualize it and breath it in. It is pure and readily available to all of us.

76 Nicole { 06.27.18 at 5:51 am }

You’re very right. I graduated from college last May with a bachelors in psychology and I’ve been planning to take my GRE and go to grad school. I have definitely been more passive than usual lately and need to power through and complete what I need to. I’ve been unsure if I wanted to continue with psychology or explore something else. I just can’t make up my mind, but you’re right, I need to take litte steps towards figuring it out. Thank you!

77 Genevieve Vierling { 06.27.18 at 10:49 am }

Bravo Nicole!! You are on your way. There are so many new fields opening up for someone with your combination of Pisces/Aquarius/Capricorn energies. My godchild, for example, is off to Cambridge in a PHD program that will give her a degree in Engineering/Design/Medicine. So I encourage you to look at the many options available now while Mars is Retrograde. :). Your Jupiter Return will be in 2019. That’s when you can really roll!

78 DESIREE { 07.02.18 at 8:34 am }

Hi there. I was born 2/27/88. I have always known my mission in life was to love others. I use to think that would be in the shape of a family/stay at home mom but at the age of 30 there are no prospects and I have no clue what I am suppose to be doing career wise. it’s nearly impossible to find someone who understands my intensity and sensitivity.

79 Genevieve Vierling { 07.28.18 at 12:16 pm }

Dear Desiree, Loving others is the highest calling any of us can do. You have a lovely Sun in Pisces trine Moon in Cancer, so I’ve no doubt you are deeply caring/loving and need a home/family. Your age is still young enough to find the right partner and create that dream, so don’t despair! Many women now wait until their late 30s or even early 40s; I’ve know women who started in the early 50s (!!!), but I don’t really recommend that personally. You have a strong Pluto link to your Sun/Moon which accounts for your description of ‘intensity and sensitivity’.

In terms of career; without knowing your TIME/PLACE of birth I can not answer that question very any accuracy. That being said, you are now done with your Saturn Return and your path involves the sign of Capricorn, so I would suggest aligning yourself with organizations that you resonate with as you have opportunities where Capricorn type institutions are represented.

80 aleeya { 07.03.18 at 4:46 am }

16/03/89 – midnight.
father 19/03 – mother 15/03

Recently just feeling like i have been dealt the worse cards ever in life…

i am greatly misunderstood which leads to great issues for me, i have been told its my aura. i would want to walk in to somewhere & hope not to be noticed but no!….. the big bad wolf will smell me and something about me attracts trouble without me trying…. (weird plot but fire/air signs hate me but cant confront me so wage war against me using the earth signs) crazy i know but this is actually my day to day…. i had to get into astrology as i just didn’t get why people would be so affected by my presence or strength……. but all people do when they come around me is take all they can get because i have a giving nature or i am probably just desperate for love i would allow anything to be around me.

i just wish i could find just one person who truly loves me…. as even my mother doesn’t which is weird cuz she is also a Pisces but a cold one.

I never get what i want no matter how hard i try…… and recently i have just been feeling like i cant breathe ew just weird.

Can you tell me why my personality can be so strong yet i am just this little Pisces misunderstood under all this Armour….. i just wish i knew who to be or what to be to be loved by just 1 person in this 7 billion existent humans ….i just need 1 and i’ll conquer the world

81 Genevieve Vierling { 07.28.18 at 12:33 pm }

Dear Aleeya, I see you going through your Saturn Return year which is a decisive year in becoming your own woman, and ‘climbing your own mountain’. You may be Sagittarius rising if a midnight birth, but you don’t tell me WHERE so I can’t correctly calculate your birth map. You DO have a Grand Trine in Water including Sun/Moon/Pluto but also other planets in Pisces. The Scorpio effect seems strong in your chart as well with possibly Moon in the 8th. Yes, there are givers and there are takers. Ideally we need reciprocity! I see both of your parents are Pisces. So it must have been really difficult for you to find your separateness from them and perhaps they projected onto you overly much. It’s now time for you to separate from those who are toxic to you. Your birth map is actually full of gifts and opportunities! Harness your determination and gumption now to pull out of a tendency to spin your wheels (Mercury square Jupiter/Mars) especially with men (and women) who are two-faced. Trust has to be earned. You are here to also learn discrimination and move more towards ethical people. Study your Mars/Jupiter in Gemini. THAT is your missing step in this incarnation. Promises mean nothing without a proven track record. You need to demand that from others and learn NOT to be gullible. It’s a Pisces’ dilemma I know. Been there myself! Study VIRGO while you’re at it. Incorporate Virgo sensibility into your daily life. You are going to figure this out! I see your gifts! Continue to develop your own self-worth. You’re at the perfect age to do so.

82 Maya { 07.20.18 at 9:21 am }

Hi Genevieve, I was hoping you could provide some insight on how to get closer to my dreams and find my soulmate. I’ve been feeling really lost lately and suffering from mild depression. Some days are better than others, but it definitely lingers on. I was born on March 13, 1993 in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Any advice would help! Thanks 🙂

83 Genevieve Vierling { 07.28.18 at 12:52 pm }

Dear Maya, I’ve run a Sunrise chart on you, but thank you for your PLACE of birth. So nice to connect with someone from that far-off land; a place where many, many fine seamstresses live! Looking at your chart I can see your profound ability to feel which is one of your greatest strengths. I can see the fear which may have something to do with the depression. You are quite young still and have plenty of time to find your ‘soulmate’. Try to separate out what is anxiety (ungrounded fears) and true fears (based on facts). Your Venus in Aries is fiery and she can help you have gumption to ‘feel the fear and do it anyway!’ You are entering a time when your dreams can become manifest. This will take place strongly starting by the later part of 2019 and extending all the way through 2024. You actually have a good chart for manifesting. Know that. It does, however, require work and determination on your part and not giving up. You’ve been working on this piece for many, many lifetimes, but in this lifetime you can harmonize within yourself finally, which helps you to bring your dreams into reality.

84 Lara { 07.22.18 at 8:13 am }

10/3/97- western Nigeria, i dream about the dead and get worried of so many things i cant figure out myself and this leads to weight lose,most times when i sleep im unable to move or breath. im lost help

85 Genevieve Vierling { 07.28.18 at 2:21 pm }

Dear Lara, You may be mediumistic with so much Pisces energies. I do see you are going to be a great problem solver, so find ways to ground your energy by working with the earth. Also, start working with your dreams. They are fantastic gateways into other realms and remember, “NOTHING can hurt you in a dream.” If there are books in Nigeria that you can get about Dream Tending, Lucid dreaming, or any good books about the psychology of dreams, I encourage you to do so. Stay away from books that give interpretations themselves. Only YOU can unlock the meaning of your dreams.

I see you are also a true seeker of the first order so find teachers to help you spiritually; teachers that resonate with you and that you feel good about. Some day you will be a teacher/guide yourself!

86 Anna { 07.23.18 at 6:04 am }

22.02.2000 16:20 Wrocław, Poland
Can’t balance my nature out. I feel strong urge for making music and persueing entlightment through yoga, however I always end up cheating on my partner, who I love with other males that I want to spend time on pseudo intellectual conversations with. I lost intetest on my partner after 6months, however I can hide it quite good. I seek a lot of attention and I hate it so much, I would love to rathet be silent but I just can’t stop serving my ego. I feel powerless and unlikeable all the time. I also feel useless and uninteresting from time to time. No drama no life for me. I have to put my emotions somewhere all the time or expierience emotions whenever possible, at any cost. It really frustrates me. I get distracted easily. Help.

87 Genevieve Vierling { 07.28.18 at 2:39 pm }

Dear Anna, Thank you for being so honest here! You are a very receptive type and your path is to find the right partner that you can share your dreams and beliefs with. Looks like you are adventurous sexually, so give yourself some time where commitment is concerned. Try to be more honest and up-front with where you’re at if at all possible. Yes, you need a lot of freedom, but will eventually be ready for greater commitments. You have plenty of time!

Music/dancing/the arts are all good; discipline is difficult for you, so persevere and be patient with yourself. Wow! Your birthday is 2-22-2000. Think about that for a minute! 2+2+2+2 = 8. That’s your birth date numerology. You need both power and abundance in this life. This isn’t just about money however. “Abundance is an attitude and a bountiful feeling; it refers more to an inner state than to worldly achievement.” Dan Millman quote.

Quite frankly, martial arts might be a better path for you than yoga; more exciting/dramatic. You actually would do well with some type of competition in your life. Yes, you need the arts, but you also need to spar. Think about this. And good luck!!

88 Ashley { 07.27.18 at 9:19 am }

Genevieve, thank you so much for responding to me twice. I Appreciate your help in understanding myself and my life’s circumstances so much! Is there a way I can pay to get a full reading from you? Again thank you!

89 Genevieve Vierling { 07.28.18 at 2:40 pm }

Dear Ashley, You are so welcome!! Please go to the side bar where my Services are listed. I will also send you a private e-mail.

90 Ana { 08.06.18 at 11:30 pm }

Profoundly modern, deeply disturbed and darkly comic, The Pisces is about a heartbroken PhD student who over one summer falls in dangerous, ecstatic love with a merman Lucy has been writing her dissertation on Sappho for nine years when she and her Read More Melissa Broder book download

91 Genevieve Vierling { 08.07.18 at 9:50 am }

Sounds intriguing!

92 Skylar H { 08.07.18 at 8:21 am }

Hello Genevieve,
I’m so grateful to have found this forum. I am a Pisces through and through. I am in a transitional phase right now. My past self is dying ( the me that allowed my thoughts, actions, and views be controlled by others and religion ). The past two years I’ve gone through many many deaths, and I know the death I am facing now is one of the biggest. My spirituality has always been very important … I have always been very different and reflective. I converted to Islam because I thought that the religion had the answers that I was searching for due to the strictness of it. And even still Islam has presented me with many many answers, but the religion itself is so misconstrued due to man. So at the present moment I am still muslim, but most muslims wouldnt consider me to be muslim. I live freely now because I cannot be contained. I am lost.. I am in school for nursing because I know that I am a healer , but also need financial stability. I am also in the middle of a divorce but in love with my soulmate who I reconnected with after four years. He is teaching me unconditional love, confidence, and loving without attachment which is super hard for me. I don’t want to lose him. Eventually I want a serious future wit him but we are so far away from that given the present circumstances. Seems like all areas of my life are dying and being born again including my view on relationships. I’m allowing myself to just love him without being his gf or mate.. and it’s scary and hard. I guess I just want to know everything will be okay. Please help

93 Genevieve Vierling { 08.24.18 at 4:49 pm }

Dear Skylar, Yes, I can see from your chart that your beliefs are vital to your sense of self and that it is important for you to experience a death/rebirth process where beliefs are concerned until you find your own path to God/The Divine. The transit of Jupiter now in Scorpio is both exacerbating and supporting you to go through this transformation. With your Moon in Libra you need balance, harmony, and EQUALITY in your relationships of intimacy. Transit Pluto in Capricorn is beginning to challenge this energy as it moves over your Neptune/Uranus Capricorn conjunction and Mars by transit is triggering the dynamic. All of this is going on in your 12th house which is Pisces’ home. Unconditional love is a high ideal but very, very difficult when sexuality is involved. It is more akin to the love of a parent for their child. So loving your soulmate without the connection of sexual intimacy must truly be difficult. You’re right; it’s ‘scary and hard’. Platonic love is possible and once was a high ideal during the Middle Ages. I doubt that is what your Moon in the 8th needs nor your Venus in Pisces. That being said, it is possible for lovers to share their beloveds with another as long as both parties are clear and agree, but it does require a certain level of ‘detachment’ nonetheless.

Your chart is comprised of many planets in Water signs and many planets in Air signs. Air can detach and be objective. Water, by its very nature, cannot. Water wishes to blend, merge, join into oneness. Unconditional love is generally associated with the higher octave of love, known as compassion. Your Venus in Pisces is capable of that great compassion, and you will make a marvelous nurse I’m sure. You have good fortune in your chart, so be patient and see how you feel once you’ve had your Mars Return after November 8th. That is also the date when Jupiter moves out of Scorpio into Sagittarius and you’ll be through a rite of passage probably.

94 Skylar H { 08.07.18 at 11:39 am }

Also, I am a Pisces born on March 1st in Atlanta, Georgia at 6AM.

95 Genevieve Vierling { 08.14.18 at 7:56 pm }

Dear Skylar, Please let me know the YEAR you were born. I can’t calculate an accurate chart without that important piece! Then I can respond to your first comments.

96 Dorian (02.28.1992) { 08.08.18 at 5:32 am }

This is probably the best article I’ve read about Pisces. Beautiful, thank you, you feel the Pisces very well. I always felt like I’m all the signs within, couldn’t ever define myself easily as one dimensional character. Do you have some guidance for me in these times? I experience much pain, anxiety and fear, I’m also an empath and may feel others but I don’t blame them or try to analyze what I feel. In spiritual circle all I hear is “to surrender” and I’m definitely doing that to the best of my ability, but I’ve read recently that Pisces’ challenge is to learn to control themselves, better word might be “to guide themselves”. I just feel so unwilling to do anything or to just live. Had traumatic experiences, even this year, lost one close friend by suicide, another close friend became his dark self and threatened to kill or hurt me. I don’t dwell on that, I know it’s all for my highest good and nothing wrong can happen to me. I choose to live, I just wish I could radiate love and happiness, not be so overwhelmed by pain in my heart, not be so anxious and fearful about living to the fullest. It’s probably just the stormy end of thr cycle and I’m about to enter new one full of harmony. I cannot not have faith or not be an optimist. Just want to finally be able to live and act the way my souls desires to. To express myself. To love people. To be my highest self for the wellbeing of all.

97 Genevieve Vierling { 08.14.18 at 8:05 pm }

Dorian—-You have expressed yourself beautifully and articulately. It is good to feel, and feelings can run the gamut from the ecstatic to the deepest despair. It is those who are numb to their feelings and others’ feelings that need a lot of help. So allow your feelings to flow because, like flowing water, they will change and stay healthy. Stagnant water is very unhealthy; we all know that. You may very well be at the end of a cycle before a shift occurs. With the planet Jupiter in Scorpio we are seeing the highs and the lows on almost every level. Find a vehicle (container) for your tender feelings; one that will be of service to others. You will do a great deal of good in this life. Know that deep inside. The path will emerge.

98 Skylar H { 08.21.18 at 8:56 am }

lol, I apologize. My birthday is march 1st 1994

99 Genevieve Vierling { 08.24.18 at 4:49 pm }

Got it and have responded now.